Find out what our Poulsbo, WA, orthodontists can do for your smile.
If you or your child has a crooked or misaligned smile, then you could benefit from turning to our Poulsbo, WA, orthodontists for care. An orthodontist is a dental professional that specializes in straightening smiles to correct bad bites and other alignment issues. Our team here at Poulsbo Kids & Family Dentistry is dedicated to helping patients of all ages get a straighter, healthier smile.
When to Visit our Poulsbo, WA, Orthodontists
If your dentist has concerns about your child’s smile and how it is developing, this is a good time to schedule an appointment with our orthodontic team. Most kids can benefit from getting an orthodontic evaluation from our team around the age of 7. Of course, if you or your teen are experiencing any of these issues these are also signs that you might need to see an orthodontist,
- Difficulty chewing or biting food
- Jaw pain
- Visibly crooked or misaligned teeth
- Easily tired jaws
- Increased decay
- Excessively worn teeth
While many people turn to our Poulsbo, WA, orthodontic team for esthetic reasons such as gaps between teeth or a crooked smile, dental misalignments can also increase your risk for wear and tear, decay, gum disease, and many of the issues above. By turning to our team for orthodontic treatment, we can improve the health and appearance of your smile at any age.
Types of Braces
Here at Poulsbo Kids & Family Dentistry, we offer a variety of ways to correct crooked and misaligned smiles in kids, teens, and adults. Whether you are dealing with severe dental problems or you are looking for a discreet way to straighten your smile, we provide different options to cater to your needs. Some of the common orthodontics we offer our patients here in Poulsbo, WA, include,
- Traditional metal braces: sleek, stainless steel brackets-and-wires type braces that are great for all ages and all malocclusions (“bad bites”)
- Porcelain braces: traditional braces that offer porcelain or tooth-colored brackets instead of stainless steel (still great for all ages and all severity of dental issues)
- Lingual braces: traditional braces that are bonded to the back of your teeth instead of the front (great for minor crowding, crookedness, and certain bite issues such as overbites and open bites)
- Clear aligners: removable systems such as Invisalign that use transparent trays that fit over teeth and shift them into their ideal alignment (great for older teens and adults with minor to moderate dental issues)
Do you want to sit down with our Poulsbo, WA, orthodontists to discuss orthodontic treatment for you, your child, or your teenager? If so, call Poulsbo Kids & Family Dentistry at (360) 779-7115 to schedule a consultation. It’s never too late to get a healthier smile.